HOW MUCH OF THE ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION YOU WILL DO YOURSELF?
Building a house involves several specific trades to ensure quality work, so it is usually better to have trained craftsmen perform things you’re unable to do at an expert-level. You can probably paint the house and put in some floor coverings yourself, but maybe you want to hire those jobs out. Try and find an economic,timely practical balance between doing projects yourself to save money and hiring out more intricate and difficult work. Consider hiring out:
- Siteworkers to clear and grade the land, prepping it for building
- Bricklayers to lay the foundation
- Framers to perform rough carpentry, frame up the walls, and install the trusses or stick-framed rafters
- Roofers to install the roof and insulate the house
- Electricians, plumbers, and HVAC workers to do the difficult interior work of outfitting the home for living
- Trim and finish carpenters for interior design work
- Flooring installers to lay the carpet, hardwood, or tile
WHY WE HIRE EXPERIENCED BUILDERS.
Everything will be make things easier by hiring our team and our experienced builder to partner in the project. You won’t need to worry about doing everything yourself, hiring out particular tasks, and securing the permits yourself. It’s also much easier to secure a construction loan if you’re working with an Equity Built Homes team as we can include a license,statement, resume, banking and experience references, a line item cost breakdown of expected costs (an ECB), a materials list, and a construction contract. Our contract will include:
- The individual responsibilities of each party
- The expected date of the beginning and ending of the project
- The payment expected by the Equity Built Homes
- A completed Estimated Cost Breakdown (ECB), signed and dated
- Provisions for changes